Our private party boat is a memorable and affordable option for a group that wants to celebrate a special occasion on the water! Relax with your friends & family, while cruising around OCMD!
Jet Ski Rental
Instant Ride Time
- One Hour Ride Per Jet Ski
Have a Blast with a Jet Ski Rental in Ocean City, MD
Our riding area is located as soon as you leave the dock, which means immediate ride time for you on our premium high speed Yamaha Jet Skis! The riding area (approximately 10 blocks) is calm/ spacious and away from the high volume traffic in the main channel. Back Bay jet skis are recommended for everyone in Ocean City: families, novice riders, experienced riders, and even single riders!
- You must be 16 years old to drive, and minors need to be accompanied by an adult driver on the same jet ski. A valid original photo ID with DOB is required at check-in. Anyone under the age of 18 needs a parent/legal guardian signature to drive or ride. Passengers under the age of 18 must ride with an adult. Drivers must be able to read and speak English. Drivers and riders will not be allowed on a jet ski if impaired by a substance.
- Using their phone or tablet, each driver will be required to take an online Maryland Natural Resources Police PWC Rental Test. If the driver scores lower than a 92%, they will be unable to operate the jet ski. They can either ride as a passenger or receive a refund.
- There is no minimum age to ride, but children must sit behind the driver and be able to hold on, or sit between two adults. Due to high speeds and possible injuries, this activity is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Each ski can hold 2 passengers, and if needed, 1 small child, under the age of 5, in the middle. Maximum combined weight per jet ski is 350 pounds. You cannot return to the dock to switch passengers.
- How fast does the jet ski go?Speed depends on a few factors: number of people/weight on the ski, water conditions, and wind conditions. At full throttle, our jet skis are some of the fastest in Ocean City at speeds over 53 mph. You don’t have to go this fast, but if you want to, our designated riding area is large enough to maintain this speed.
- Will I be in a large group of jet skis swerving in and out of one another?No, your safety and experience is our number one priority. We only have five skis that ride at the same time!
- Can we take the jet skis anywhere?No, you must stay within our designated riding area. Fortunately, our riding area is very large, with minimal traffic, so you have a very spacious playground!
- When does my hourly rental begin?As soon as your jet ski leaves our dock. No time is wasted riding to a designated area; our riding time is instant!
- What do I have to do before I can operate a jet ski?Once you check in at our Back Bay Adventures tackle shop, you will complete a temporary (only valid for the hour you reserved) Boater’s Safety Course, which takes around 15-30 minutes to complete. After you pass the course with a 92%, our trained guides go over MD rules and regulations. Then you can have some fun!
- Can my child get on a ski with me?Back Bay Adventures strongly recommends that children be over the age of 5. Children must sit behind the adult driver at all times.
- Can both people drive?Yes, if you have two people on the jet ski, you are welcome to switch drivers.
- Can I come back to the dock to rotate passengers?No, once you are out in the water, you may not come back to the dock. If you choose to come back to the dock, you will not receive a refund.
- Can I get off my jet ski and go swimming?
No, you must remain on your jet ski at all times!